Friday, June 15, 2018

Work at hand

Next week the grass tennis season begins for me, and I need a wee pile of work ready to be stitched while I watch.  Today I have been playing with an idea which has been swimming around in my brain for a bit: talking to myself.
I'm hoping that using a photo of paving slabs gives the image a sense of a chat taking place in the sunny outdoors.  Perhaps I'll let it simmer for a bit on the back burner and then if I still like it will print it off ready for Wimbledon next month.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my - I do so much talking to myself that I don't know whether to me amused or worried at your image - lol. Yes, I will be amused. What a clever idea!

    I didn't notice the background much until you mentioned it. Not sure it conveys to me what you have in mind. Don't know how helpful that is. Often the quilting over the piece makes the appropriate transitions to what lies beneath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheila, I'm glad that you choose amusement. The background is a personal thing, I guess, as it all is. Really I suppose that I was once more talking to myself, asking myself whether I was convinced about the effect of the background upon myself. Because ultimately that's who I have to convince.

      Delete
  2. What a fascinating image. It has me wondering what one self was saying to the other ...!

    Convincing oneself and self-critiquing are indeed a part of what being creative is about. For me though, it helps so much to do that thinking out loud and with those who understand the nature of such conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Margaret. Having conversations with peers is great if the opportunity is there. Often that helps with decisions as to what not to do - which is more helpful than it sounds!

      Delete