Friday, March 08, 2019

Such an enjoyable read

Audubon's Flamingo (image from here)
So accessible, but with rewarding depth and complexity, reminding me so much of Muriel Spark, but very much her own glorious voice Kate Atkinson's Transcription was a most enjoyable read.  The story and its telling pulls in the reader straightway, with pace and humour, not knowing where we are going - if anywhere - a mystery tour with great views on the way.  I found it well worth the journey.  Here is the Guardian newspaper review.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Olga, I will look for it. I have read some of her other books, but have not always been glad that I did so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sandy, in many ways I do not like recommending books, films, etc. because we all have such different tastes. I have enjoyed everything of Kate Atkinson's I have read - I love her off kilter approach.

      Delete
  2. Thank you Olga. Your review is most reassuring!

    ReplyDelete