Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Quick experimental project

 
At the end of last year I was in a plunge of depression, and in order not to disappear without trace I needed something to occupy all my time.  My husband was going away for a few days which gave me the specific time to launch myself into something.
Photobox had been bombarding me with offers of photo books at up to 70% off in the lead up to the festive season, and so I decided to use that as my project.
Over the years I have developed many images to do with the sea and the edge of the sea - several in finished stitched work, and others which have only got as far as digital designs.
So, over a long weekend I put together 17 double page spreads.  It was all-absorbing for all of each of those days.  It is not brilliant, but I am relatively pleased with the result, given the short time spent.
Photobox provide choice of layout, and do also have provision for text.  I decided however to put the text on the original digital images.  I made the common mistake of making the text too big - it's a fault I seem to repeat when designing using a monitor.  I should really have learned by now!
I'll put the rest of the spreads on the blog over the next few posts.

2 comments: