Friday, December 16, 2016

Approaching the end of another year

At the beginning of this year I started a separate blog to try to focus more on organising my work.  The initial enthusiasm has dampened as I have been asking myself fundamental questions about the whither and why of my work.  Over the year I have posted less and less there, and now am wondering what purpose a second blog really fulfils.  I have added a post today, but the positive feeling with which the blog was started has fallen away.
I shall let the back burner bubble away while I get on with my hibernation reading.  Meantime today I have been happily deleting piles of files - that certainly brings a glow of contentment and the perhaps illusion of progress, and there is plenty of work in the pipeline to keep me busy for a while.

2 comments:

  1. Olga, the way you feel about your second blog could be temporary, your feelings about it might change in the new year. You are going into your hibernation (I find the idea delightful and it makes me smile every time I think of it) after all, a time of contemplation and allowing things to settle, so who knows how you will feel later on.

    Getting rid of files and generally tidying up also helps to focus the mind, so I would not worry about it. I understand the feelings of contentment that this brings. I have just finished putting all of my books in alphabetical order as I had started not being able to find some titles. It took me weeks, and now I feel immensely satisfied and pleased with myself. Great feeling.

    I like the two images in your last two posts and as I have said before, love the way your work is developing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comments Eirene, I shall certainly not be doing anything in haste - and the thinking will be towards the back of my mind. The filing and ordering is most therapeutic as you say - my aim is to have a place for everything, and everything in its place, ... but life of course has its own ideas!

      Delete