Wednesday, August 24, 2016

A couple of hot days

Summer seems to have returned to us, and for a couple of days it has been too hot to work in the kitchen print studio until the afternoon.  I have been carving five images to go together, and want now to proof them to see if further cutting is needed.
As I look out of the open french window in the sewing room I see that I will soon have lavender to harvest for bags,
but meantime I am preparing some of my putterings for stitching.  I've added a new post to my work blog.


4 comments:

  1. What a lovely, peaceful view from your studio. Those objects on the sill catch my eye as well.

    I did not know of your 'work blog' so have had a quick browse... so many delightful pieces... you have been very busy! Will be back. (I tried
    put it in my feed reader next to this blog but had no success.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are very lucky Marja-Leena to have a patch of wetland behind the house, and our and the neighbours' are not fenced in, so that I can continue my gaze over to the right/South over their piece. We built this annex first for Nigel's mother, and when it first went up I did covet this room as a workroom/studio. Patience for 22 years, and it came to pass!
      The objects on the window sill are mostly accumulations from my travels, including small collections of stones from various parts of the UK.

      Delete
  2. The objects on your window sill also caught my eye, Olga, particularly the wooden (?) ducks and sea birds, which I have a 'thing' about. Something else we share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wooden birds, Eirene, are mostly ones I got in Jakarta when I worked there. The upright one at the far right was a present from a friend here, and I don't know its origin. At one point I did collect birds, and when my nephews were tiny one year I decorated the Christmas tree completely with birds. Sadly even the older one does not remember - not only the tree, but also that they spent the celebration with us. Hey ho.

      Delete