Saturday, April 06, 2019

Recent finds

I miss two great magazines which used to provide me with much thinking, both now no longer: Fiber Arts Magazine and Craft Arts International.  Both had serious articles, and eclectic within their remit.
Recently I saw an ad for the new Art North magazine and took a subscription - and the first issue I have found is well worth it.  For me it requires slow steady reading, article by article, each of which has been leaving me with chunks to mull over.
(image from here)
Through the one podcast I listen to - Shedunnit - I learned of another podcast: The Lonely Palette, which takes a work of art from the Boston Museum of Fine Arts, and talks about it after first asking visitors what they see.  Again, it is a serious but universally approachable talk, with only one bugbear for me: I find the background music headache-inducing if I listen to more than a couple of episodes at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment