Friday, May 25, 2018

Diversion

I've been taking advantage of this tennis tournament-free week to use the sewing machine to make a baby quilt for my nephew and his wife.    I had no pastels left after the last baby quilt, so indulged myself in some Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  I had never really had an excuse to use his fabrics before and it is delightful to have the glorious brights around, especially on these couple of rather dull weather days. 
It's a simple patchwork project, which is just as well.  I find it interesting how making such practical items no longer engages me to any extent.  I'm eager to get on with 'real' work!

2 comments:

  1. When asked, I always claim I rarely make anything useful - except with visiting grand children who like to have something to show for their efforts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, when sewing and knitting projects were a contrast with my salaried work it was a real pleasure to engage with my hands while still being able to keep most of my brain on other matters. Now I find that taking my hands away feels like a distraction too far.

      Delete