Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Bad planning!

I have completed the stitching of a batch of Readers, which are now ready for pressing, stretching, and mounting.  But I have left myself with no stitching to hand as the French Open tennis gets more interesting.  I cannot just sit and watch - the Calvinist half of my upbringing makes me uncomfortable 'wasting time' thus.
It's not as if I have no other things to do - apart from finishing the Readers, I have lots else in the queue - but away from the tennis.  So, seeking an interim project, I uncovered an image (above) which originally had been generated for an exercise in the days of intensive development with my duodidactic friend.  I had forgotten how much I liked this image - so, I've now printed it onto an A3 sheet of silk, and now have something to see me through the French Open.  I shall have to think further to cover Queen's and Wimbledon.

Another adjustment I've made today is to my website.  Folks seem to be interested in what goes into my digital collages, so I've added a Development page showing the 'ingredients' of a particular work.  I will change the deconstructed work from time to time.

2 comments:

  1. I was very interested to read of your process as described on your development page and was struck how very similar it is to mine, though the outcome and the focus is so different. However, I rarely draw directly to the screen, despite owning an Intuos tablet. It is something I must try again. Thank you for reminding me of its usefulness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to have such versatile tools these days to add to the existing range of ways and means available to make work. I so enjoy using a range from digital to hand, and am amused that the language links them too!

      Delete