Sunday, February 17, 2019

Wood litho

The latest issue of Pressing Matters magazine arrived yesterday, and two processes have engaged my interest.  The first article to attract me is about Danielle Creenaune and her use of Mokulito/Wood lithography.
Danielle Creenaune: The source (image from here)
I had encountered the term Mokolito before once or twice, but Danielle Creenaune's website goes into step by step detail.  Most illuminating.  There is also a video showing her working on the wood.
Danielle Creenaune: Bushwalk with you (image from here)
Molly Lemon: Tangled (image from here)
The second article is about the artist Molly Lemon and her wood engravings.  That took me to her website where I was drawn to her work with pressure printing - there is again a step by step guide.
Molly Lemon: Pathway II (image from here)
I see two recurring themes here for me: printmaking and trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment