Friday, May 11, 2018

A morning stroll round the garden

This is such a lovely time of year in the garden.  The greens are still widely differentiated - they grow more similar as Summer comes along.  So many flowers are blooming, and more are in bud waiting to burst open.  After several warm days and much sunshine the scent of the wisteria is overwhelming.  
I went out this morning while there were deep shadows to breathe it all in and take some snaps before coming to do some work.
The view at the top of the post is the back of the house taken from the seats above, which remain cool in the early morning.  I love the long view south from those seats, the lovely old hawthorns and across next door's land.
A closer view of the leaning hawthorn which fills my view as I sit at my computer.
The close view to the left of the shady seats is of the pittosporum with the most delightful almost black tiny flowers.
Elsewhere there are many greens, and colour combinations galore.
There is a gusty wind today, so the newly built fruit cage looks as if there is a monster slug in it!  The loganberry is now protected from the birds but not the bees - and it looks as if there will be a heavy crop this summer, if the weather behaves!

2 comments:

  1. Your garden is gorgeous, Olga. I am particularly envious of the wisteria. Every time we moved house one of the first things we did was plant a wisteria and they always thrived, except for our present house: we planted two but neither flowered. I miss having one in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we were very lucky finding this place, and many years of hard work is paying off now. I am particularly enjoying the results of hard work by the gardener who comes one day in a fortnight to make up for my not being to do any gardening any more.
      The wisteria was a house/garden warming present 28 years ago, and has the benefit of a sheltered south-facing wall, and it is, I agree, magnificent. I am sorry that you miss having one, but on the other hand you have regular access to all those hot weather plants in Greece to make up for it.

      Delete