Monday, December 31, 2018

New Year

Edinburgh floral clock (image from here)
Tempus doesn't half fugit!  On this last day of 2018, I am looking forward - hoping for positive progress on so many fronts, personal, national, global.  I thought as illustration for this post I would use the Princess Street Gardens floral clock in Edinburgh.  When I was very young in the early 50s my mother and I used to travel once or twice a year from the Borders where we lived to Edinburgh for the day by coach.  The treats included a trip to Woolworth's to buy a Dean abridged classic, and then down to the floral clock before eating our sandwiches further down the gardens.  It used to thrill me.  Of course as I grew up, and later lived in Edinburgh the clock faded to insignificance in my life.  But in such a state of depressing current affairs, I am determined to focus on small pleasures, and make the most of them.

Wishing you all exquisite joys in 2019.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful new year, and thank you for your recent kind and supportive comments. I intend to focus on small things too, but those that connect me to the wild/nature and to focus on empathy.

    ReplyDelete