Wednesday, August 02, 2017

Prints at Pallant House

Marie Laurencin: Depuis ce Jour Fatal etching (image from here)
The current exhibition in the Pallant House print room is Women Artists: The Female Gaze.  The prints are from the gallery's collection, and what a splendid show they make.  My absolute favourite is the one pictured above, but it only just squeaked ahead of so many others.  These are but a few which particularly caught my interest:
Cornelia Parker: The Blue Room lithograph (image from here)
Kiki Smith: Blue Girl etching (image from here - I'm not exactly sure if this is the right image, but the print I saw was almost exactly similar)
Paula Rego: The Guardian etching (image from here)
Shani Rhys James: The Hand Mirror etching with aquatint (image from here)
Cathie Pilkington: Eve and Eve mokulito lithograph (image from here)
Jennifer McRae: The Absentee lithograph (image from here)

2 comments:

  1. Wow! What an exhibition. I have made a note of it, and hopefully I can visit in October.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pallant House in Chichester has a really good collection of prints, and although the displays are not very big, they have been excellent. I'm lucky that we live close enough to visit the gallery when something particularly interesting comes up.

      Delete