Thursday, October 29, 2015

With great pleasure

I continue from time to time to follow the free and universally available online FutureLearn courses, and at present I am deriving a great deal of enjoyment, information, and stimulus from The European Discovery of China from the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona.  This course is thorough, and it occupies a lot of my contemplative thought while stitching.  There is so much which I want to pursue further, such as looking more closely at the Qīngmíng Shànghé Tú scrollHere is a YouTube film showing the scroll - it has animated the characters after showing the original painting.
The image at the top comes from this French site on the Sung dynasty.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thing ... And like so much you mention on you blog, new to me. Thank you for enlightening me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it just wondrous that we will never run out of marvellous things to find out about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed, Olga: just wonderful that there is so much to find out, discover and learn.

    I love the blog's new 'look' .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Eirene. As for the look of the top of the post - I've always hated the typographic design, and finally got around to fixing it as best I could. I'm glad that you like it.

    ReplyDelete