Friday, August 28, 2015

This wet-ish weather

This year has been an odd one for me because I have grown very little.  Only dwarf french beans and borlotti beans - no tomatoes, courgettes, peppers, or anything else.  So not only has the weather not been right for Summer, but also there is no great freezing going on in the kitchen now as Autumn is almost here.
The damp weather has helped me stick to my stitching - but it, and the stitching have not helped my mildly arthritic fingers.  So, today diversion tactics have been employed both in the kitchen and the workroom.
This year I have dusted off a gadget my husband gave me many years ago: the ice cream maker.  I love ice cream, but find that commercial brands are getting too sweet to taste good.  This year I have taken to making much less sweetened ice cream, frozen yoghurt, and sorbet.  This morning I made raspberry sorbet - a cool substitute for ratatouille!
In the workroom I have been building up more stitching for the future by developing some image ideas.
Now that my fingers are rested I can spend the rest of the day stitching.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about sore fingers but good that you were able to rest them with other still useful pursuits. These are very interesting images with the addition of dog and puppet. May the stitching continue well, Olga.

    Oh, we have rain here at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your rain. I hope that it acts as a see-saw, and that we have a dry spell.

    ReplyDelete