Tuesday, April 07, 2015

Development of a doodle

My designs work away at me just as much as I work at them.  Sometimes the collage process feels nearly right, but one or more elements are jarring.  Even though I know something does not fit, if I cannot sort it immediately I leave it so that it can have time to adjust itself in my mind.
The recent Labyrinth has been like that.  The figures were not right - they were too enigmatic, too removed, disassociated.  Today, although I planned to work on something else, I was driven to pursue this solution. 
 I think I'm on a better track.  It feels right.

4 comments:

  1. I like this very much, Olga - the colours, the layers and patterns and the figure all work well together. I shall be interested where this goes next - will it be stitched, the size, and so on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marja-Leena. I too am interested to see where this goes next!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one very much Olga, but I also like the previous one for precisely the reasons that you mention: I liked the fact that the figures were enigmatic and removed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Eirene - in the end I suppose it comes down to what expresses best for me. I too like the previous manifestation, and the figures - if not the whole configuration - will doubtless surface again.

    ReplyDelete