Birdie (lino and digital)
This is a mix of experiments.
I started with a simple outline drawing of the woman and the bird.
Not sure what I wanted as a background - certainly something more than just something coloured.
I wanted also to print on tissue paper which had been covered with pastel in colours which had been influenced by the Roman bricks I have been looking at in the archaeology course. But I also wanted to use a commercial tissue paper which I received round a present.
I started printing the background onto the pastel papers,
and onto a collage of the commercial tissue. After the background layer prints were dry I printed the top layer. Unfortunately the collage of commercial tissue started coming apart after printing. The other prints worked - more or less, but I really wanted to try the wildflower greens.
I had taken photos of all the background prints as well as of the final layer prints in order to be able to collage digitally.
I did not want the branches to be too definite, and so I chose one of the 'least successful' prints. And I must say that I like the result so far. Now it goes into the back burner for further pondering.