Friday, November 28, 2014

Winter projects indoors

My husband and I have decided to swap rooms, and to do so before the end of the year.  This is easy to say, and it's a pleasant occupation to plan where everything will go, but in the meantime it is appalling how much stuff there is to pack up and move.
As a diversion from this I have been working on some designs.
Quiet contemplation (design in progress)
First, based on the scan of the cotinus leaves I appropriated a figure from elsewhere in my files.  I'm pleased with this start, and will likely take it further.
Building an argument (design in progress)
Also the grid ideas have been bubbling away on the back burner, and this pair popped into my mind.  I think I'm reasonably pleased with this too.
But now I'd better put away my digital stylus and get sorting!

5 comments:

  1. I love the warm colour palette in these images and the hint of features in the face on the first - very arresting - and full of possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very good use of the leaves you showed us a few days ago, Olga, and I like the second image too.
    As for swapping rooms, I don't envy you the process, but the end result will be very pleasing for both of you, I'm sure. I guess it's also a good time to do some decluttering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Margaret.

    Eirene, thank you. In this household it is always a good time to declutter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous pieces, Olga! Good for you doing the decluttering! Who gets the bigger studio? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Marja-Leena. In fact I get the bigger room! I'm moving to what used to be the annex sitting room where my mother ended up living after her stroke. After she died Nigel took it over and filled it with his desks and computers etc. so that I was not reminded. Now we are being practical, and I'm looking forward to moving in - not least because it has direct access to the garden.

    ReplyDelete