Yet another lovely dry day, and I'm thinking that I shall have to do some watering in the garden. Meanwhile, today's task is proofing. I have carved several linocuts, and want now to proof them in black just to see how happy I am with the design and the cutting.
I have used newsprint for the proofs at this stage - with one exception. I was curious as to how a print would look on scrunched cartridge paper. This was a scrap from a previous experiment where I had scrunched paper onto which I had digitally printed some colour. (In my usual way I had scrunched and opened, scrunched and opened many many times, then ironed the paper flat.)
As expected, the lino print was broken up, as can be seen in contrast with the proof on newsprint - but I think it is an interesting effect nonetheless, and may find occasion to use scrunched paper in future.
By the way - my printing setup consists of underlayers of newspaper and newsprint, on top of which I put a piece I've cut from a sheet of Variera drawer mat from IKEA to stop any slipping of the top work layer which is a sheet of Perspex on which I ink.