Thursday, September 18, 2014

A fertile period

I do so love this time of year.  It is always true that there are changes around in plants from day to day, but these days now - and somehow I feel it more than in Spring - the changes are quite beautiful.  The decaying too is beautiful, perhaps because the demise is a precursor to new birth.
It demands visual immersion and sparks so many ideas.  Just now I am trying to think only about my own experiences, but there is so much else going on that is disturbing between humans.  Helplessly, selfishly, I am trying to focus on my own tiny environment.
  - a design in progress which has come out of it all.

2 comments:

  1. It's difficult, isn't it? Balancing concern about what is going on around us, and at the same time trying to lead a good, fulfilling, contented life? We have a responsibility to ourselves to make the best of our time here, and this becomes more urgent as I get older. But at the same time....

    Your design does express some of this, I like it, Olga.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Eirene. It is indeed a difficult balancing act. I'm reading about Nancy Spero's art at present, and admire her political involvement and its manifestation in her work.

    ReplyDelete