Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Warm-up activity

When I have a whole day for working I like to start by doing a bit of sorting and tidying - mostly with my computer files these days.  Today was no exception, and I really enjoy finding things I'd forgotten, or almost forgotten.
This is the print from my test solar plate.  In the end I like this better than any of the full prints that resulted from that exercise.
The danger of course with the sorting and tidying is that they spark a desire to pursue a project previously abandoned, or provoke a whole new design idea which demands immediate attention - like the one below.
I do admit that the project I am now finally going to turn to (after I've hung out the washing) is troubling me.  I am thinking that I have spent a great deal of time on it to no good effect.  I do enjoy solving problems,....  Hey ho. 

2 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

I can relate. Even a cursory scroll through my design inspiration files or fabrics can sidetrack me with new and exciting ideas. I often think I should just keep the blinders on, enough on the design wall already, but where's the fun in that? I would miss so many really worthy ideas to pursue.

Olga Norris said...

Yes Sheila, absolutely. I am also enticed because designing on the computer does not involve mess to clear up, or extra physical storage needed!