Saturday, July 26, 2014

Still admiring from afar

It should not surprise anyone who regularly reads these posts that I am drawn to figurative art.  I am also a lover of ceramic forms, and so figurative art in ceramic form attracts much admiration.  One ceramic artist whose work I have followed from afar for some time is Claire Curneen.
 In the Tradition of Smiling Angels
One of these days I shall be fortunate enough to see the work for real, but meantime I make do with the magic of the Internet, and excellent catalogues and magazine articles.  For anyone near the Harley Gallery in Nottinghamshire in the next couple of months a treat could be in store.
There is an interesting short video here.

2 comments:

Eirene said...

Wow! Very interesting work. I have made a note in my diary, I hope we can make it, even though it's quite far from where we live.

Olga Norris said...

Eirene, I hope that you do manage it. I always forget how far away Nottinghamshire is - it is certainly too far for us, and we are not due to travel North during the exhibition. Hey ho.