Monday, July 14, 2014

Not quite a 'fill in job'

When I was teaching, my pupils always let me know when they thought they were receiving a 'fill in job'.  They were usually right, and I have just created another. But in this case the purpose is to keep up the flow on the Ragged Cloth CafĂ© blog
I have filled in with a short post about a fascinating printmaker I recently stumbled upon: Susan Aldworth.  She is an artist very much involved with scientists, including scientific imaging and interventions with her own art.
 
There is a great deal to explore in the radio programmes and videos on her website, and I am still processing my thoughts arising from it all.

4 comments:

  1. Oh, wow, slices of the brain used in etchings - a weirdly fantastic concept! I love her images.

    I've heard and seen work that was using digital images such us one's heart scans, that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a dramatic concept, Marja-Leena, that I am still bowled over by it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What extraordinary work - I'm so glad I found your fill-in post introducing me to Susan Aldworth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaret, I have found this artist most thought-provoking. I'm glad that you also found her interesting.

    ReplyDelete