Thursday, July 24, 2014

I couldn't leave it alone

I just could not settle to do anything else, but must fiddle with what should have been left to simmer.  I think, however, that I've taken it to a point where I can leave all the options so far.  This morning I took another photo - Marja-Leena's comment  on my last post but one about my using a realistic background was spot on: I tried it, but was definitely not happy.  So, this photo was used
to lead to this:
And then, of course, I just had to play further to add an another acrobat to my files!
Perhaps now I shall be able to get back to the work I planned to do.

4 comments:

marja-leena said...

Well, when a piece calls to you, it must be important.
What a difference. The figure is now very prominent.

I hope my earlier comment was not read as a criticism for it was just an observation about a very different effect from your usual, and quite lovely too. I do know abut judgement calls though, something we all face regularly and sometimes even reluctantly.

Olga Norris said...

Not at all, Marja-Leena. I did not take it as a criticism. I wanted to try it because it seemed appropriate - but as you say, the balance was disturbed, the attention diverted from the figures - or diluted. It is good to try things out, and even if it does not work this time, I can bear it in mind for later perhaps.

I think this piece will leave me alone for a while now - I hope!

Eirene said...

I like both, Olga, but if I had to choose, I would go for the original one, I also like the acrobat - beautiful sense of movement.

Olga Norris said...

Thank you Eirene. I shall leave the design alone for a while before I finally decide. I'm glad you like the acrobat too.