Thursday, June 26, 2014

Best to be bold ...?

The Summer Exhibition is not somewhere to be a shrinking violet.  Subtlety can be overlooked in the crowds. 
  Hawthorn 2014 linocut
One artist who is a favourite of both my husband and myself (we do not always agree) is Eileen Cooper, and her paintings and prints definitely grab attention.
 Spring Fever 2013 oil on canvas
As she is a RA there were several of her works: paintings, drawings, and prints
 Willow linocut
There was also recently an exhibition of her lino prints in a gallery not far from here, but I did not manage to go to see it.

2 comments:

  1. I have been away from home in the last week or so, but have enjoyed immensely your reports on the Summer Exhibition, Olga. Great works. I particularly liked Eileen Cooper's work which I find that it reminds me of yours. I don't think I will have time to go to the exhibition this year, and Cornelia Parker's black and white room is one of the exhibits I am very sorry I will miss. I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you have enjoyed my posts Eirene. I always like reading other reports of the Summer Exhibition because everyone sees different things.

    Eileen Cooper is always so helpful in putting large pictures of her work up on her website. I do hope that you manage to fit in a visit to the show.

    ReplyDelete