Thursday, April 03, 2014

Parallel lives

There are often times when I need to split myself into several parallel versions - there just is not enough time to do everything I want!  Recently I have been on a great roll as far as designing has been concerned, but completing the design is only part of the picture.  I still have to stitch the piece, and by hand - which is lovely, and is necessary for me ... but takes time.
And with all that I have the temerity to want to read too!  So many books, and magazines, and blogs, ....  Thank goodness I can listen to the radio while stitching.
Here's another design on the drawing board:
Building a boundary
Well, I shouldn't be hanging around here - back to the needle and threads, ... and thoughts of even more designs!

8 comments:

  1. I like this new design on the drawing board

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this design - it's so reminiscent of the stone walls around here and of the skilled craftsmen who maintain them. And then of course there is the allusion to containment and exclusion and barriers to passage. As you say, so much to explore and so little time to achieve it all. Exactly my problem .. but better than the reverse, I guess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this one.
    Sandy in Bracknell

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this design very much as wel. And oh, do I know about other aspects of life to be lived!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The drawing of the stone wall is lovely,also loved the varying tones of grey on them.The composition too,with the bending figure has come together very well..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all! And yes, Margaret, the problem is far preferable this way round!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful colours, and the bending figure is very evocative.

    ReplyDelete