Today I checked the requirements for submission to the European Art Quilts VIII exhibition, just before having the two quilts photographed. I was looking forward to getting it all done - I'd been successful last time with my piece Trio which is still touring with EAQ VII until June.
This year, however, the minimum size has changed, and my quilt is just too small. I forgot to check the actual size earlier - but not that that would have made any difference to the making of the piece. My work has to be the size it is. I do not make work to size. Hey ho.
Well, that saves me the cost of entry, the hassle, the nail-biting wait, ....
On a positive note, however, I'm working on a new design - based on a scribble I made in Cornwall last week, and with a body I've had lying around for some years.
And I do have some larger textile pieces I'm working on over the next few months. Oh, and I shall find a wall to hang up the piece I've just finished which will not be going to Europe. Once it is photographed I'll let you see it - it has pom poms!