Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Stoneware

Stoneware 20 x 19.5cm
As I like to vary my longer reading with a short story in between books, so I enjoy making small pieces of stitched work at the same time as working on much larger, longer projects.  Today I finished stitching this little piece.
It was inspired by a photo I took of the stone walls of Jedburgh Abbey last Autumn, and part of which I have used as the background.  The figure had been in my Bodies file, awaiting its appropriate fate for some time.



3 comments:

  1. Love both the photograph and 'Stoneware' and it's lovely finding out the process of your thinking and of your work by following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely, gentle piece. I feel I can well see the love of the potter for her craft in the pose of the figure and in her hands as she caresses the pot - beautiful.
    ... ( and if you'll excuse the thought - I'm so glad your 'Bodies' file reveals nothing more problematic than this ...)

    ReplyDelete