Thursday, January 02, 2014

First workings

Mistakes, accidents, flaws in prints do not worry me too much.  I scanned the most distinct of the initial ink trial prints today.  It is far from perfect, but I wanted a print with texture, with a clear outline of the main figures, and with the groove marks too.  The pressed flowers on the paper had made a mess of the print itself, but I could deal with that.
I then took a previously scanned piece of work with pastels - a file which I have used many times before in one form or another, and which I wanted to use here - and did some digital manipulation/collage/painting.
I'm fairly pleased so far.  It's a beginning.
I ventured out to start tidying the greenhouse today, and I played about on the computer, but now I'm scuttling back to my hibernation: the sofa and the books.

3 comments:

  1. I love the imperfection of this print. The texture is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vicki - do you mean the print before I started fiddling about with it, or after?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the bird on the woman's head. I have a ceramic piece of an older woman with a cat perched on her head - I must find a way of sending you a picture, Olga.

    ReplyDelete