Two weeks ago I used printed flimsy for chine collé with drypoint. I was moved to make a new design and plate for the purpose, and today I collected the dry prints. I must say that I am delighted with the results.
The above three are with printed flimsy. The top two derived from the cup holders as described previously (and which I have used several times in different designs), and the bottom one using a scan of part of a dressmaking pattern sheet from my childhood.
I also prepared a printed sheet of squared paper from a pad - not quite as thin as the flimsy, but thin enough. This again with the holes of the cup holders.
And I also used a sheet of tissue paper covered with soft pastel,
and one cut to size from a sheet of newsprint used for cleaning a roller from a previous printing session.
This design was done without much thought, and certainly not self-consciously, and I'm pleased with the way it has turned out. My own favourites from the images above are the third down, and the bottom one - but generally I like them all. I'm not sure that they are any good for stitch work however.
Today I used flimsy again, and I think that the results are not so good from the printmaking point of view; on the other hand they present possibilities for textile work.
In the Act of Sculpting
3 hours ago