A couple of months ago I used up some small pieces of paper by monoprinting bookmarks. While I did that I ran the paint covered roller over tissue, and kept that for possible future use as chine collé. Well, I'm happy to report that I recently used those tissues with a polyester litho plate. This is the basic design which I drew onto the plate with a Sharpie. (Here is an informative article about polyester lithography.)
The figure is one of a group of acrobats which I have used from time to time. The 'pattern' is one which appealed to me when I was doing research about shingle. It is based on the Ordinance Survey's symbol for shingle. The result has a simple appeal to me, but it needs colour and dynamism.
This changed completely when I added the tissue. Other accidents added to the interest.
I am really quite pleased with the results, and I shall have to make sure I keep a ready supply of rollered tissue. Another means of making instant chine collé tissue is when wiping/blotting inked carborundum. I added two such wipings to a print with my juggler.
I had white tissue, and so I decided to print on coloured pastel paper. I like the way that the white of the tissue shows where I put less of the rice paste.
2 hours ago