Monday, February 06, 2012

Attempts in printmaking

A rather smudgy drypoint.  And of course I could not resist using fish
because I wanted to try putting them with some swirling water I'd printed using a polyester litho plate.
From drypoint we went on to stumblings around etching:
This first version on a slate plate benefited from chine colle - tissue paper with residual ink from another printing.  Then I tried a hard ground to add more details.
I do love inking up with more than one colour for a single printing - laziness perhaps?

4 comments:

marja-leena said...

Looks like you are having fun experimenting with different printmaking techniques. I love inking with more than one colour - à la poupée we call it - and I don't consider it laziness if one is trying to make each print in an edition alike.

Olga said...

Marja-Leena, yes, I am really enjoying the printmaking so much that I have added another whole day per week. The teacher is only there until the summer, and she is great, so I want to make the most of this opportunity.
I took to a la poupee like a duck to water. I joke when I say it is laziness (although I still very much appreciate not having to make another plate) - probably because I enjoy it so much. I must say also that I really like the idea of having each printing the same, but not the same.

MulticoloredPieces said...

Hi, Olga. Very interesting and lovely experiments you're doing. I also liked your previous post about your fish theme--a beautiful range of work.
best from Tunisia,
nadia

Olga said...

Thank you Nadia.