Of course I blame the fact that I had to pop out this morning to buy some essentials, and that that diverted me off my intended course of continuing to clear / tidy / sort my sewing room/studio. Yesterday I achieved a lot of clearing and cleaning, moving a mountain of accumulated paper, projects, materials, and once-seen-as-useful-or-potentially-useful-junk. I was not only pleased with my achievement, but I had also discovered some work which I'd completely forgotten. Indeed I quite like what I found and set about scanning it.
Anyway, after I returned from my successful shopping expedition there was not really enough time before lunch to pull up my sleeves and resume my Augean task, so I sat down to potter about with a couple of the pastel drawings I'd scanned. Well, in this case one pastel drawing and one stencil/mask I'd cut out and used with pastel.
The experiment with Unison soft pastels - I love them for their silky soft crumble.
This had been used and the pastel residue makes interesting marks on the card.
It needed the bite of black, and a few tweaks around, all done with Corel Painter 11, my usual toolbox, and this work-in-progress has got me excited. I don't think that it is something that could stand being very big, so I shall probably print it on some A3 prepared cotton to be stitched. Not too bad for a displacement activity!